Friday, July 30, 2010

Palette Release #17 {Her Room} for The Color Room

Today we released a new Palette........#17 is from Her Room.

Visit  The Color Room 
if you'd like to join in the challenge.




This time it was a little more tricky......but the DT showed us it can be done,  tricky as it may be......It is meant to be a challenge after all!!!!

I also released a Free Paper Pack which coordinates with #16's palette.  I used this for my LO. which maybe why I didnt struggle so much with mine.......wasn't so bad at all using the pack.  You can download it here Download TCR#16 paper pack.zip from FileFactory.com

Just follow the instructions and click on the BIG blue text at the bottom of the page to start the download.  Save it and unzip the file by clicking on extract all files and they will be ready to use.

Here is what i did with them.  I printed out the 3- A4 sheets containing a 1/2 sheet of 6 papers which was plenty for what i did with it.....I had quite a good amount left over too (for this weeks card!!!!)



I cut each paper into one inch strips and glued it onto printer paper, then stitched the 'seams' on my machine.  then I cut the paper the other way creating the squares and I realigned them to create the patchwork pattern.
It actually made the papers more cohesive together, as they may not normally 'go' together.  But the result was fine.....I know some struggled with this one.......But it can be done.  The Design Team did a fabulous job

And.....the super quick card to go with #17.  Made from the pile of pre selected and prestitched (in this case) leftovers from the LO!!!!  Just the sort of card you want in your stash!!!!

Ok.....Now I need to start work on #18.  Some day i would like to NOT be creating my LO during the release of a palette!!!!  ONE day!!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful layout Lydell. I love the patchwork inspired design, but I especially love the way you've framed the hands with the big heart. Really special :)

    ReplyDelete