Friday, April 15, 2011

My Core'dinations Creative Frenzy!!!!!

I have been playing with some Core'dinations Cardstock.  My goodness, is this stuff something special.
It is NOT JUST cardstock.

Anyone that knows me, knows that I have a severe obsession with Cardstock and can often create things with very little or NO Patterned Paper, so when this Design Team Call was posted, I was very excited.  Right up my alley, and I created these Layouts in a day, and had so much fun doing it!  The Mini Album had its own day!!!!

Layout #1
"Be the Best you can Be"

For this LO........
 I used some Shimmerz Paints to spray over an alphabet template, which created my background.  I also added some paint 'splats' by removing the lid and flicking the spraying mechanism to make splatters.

I used some Digital images from The Grafics Fairy as Hybrid  Elements, by printing them onto the smooth side of my Core'dinations cardstock.  They came out perfectly.

I also Stamped onto both the smooth and the textured sides of the cardstock for varying textures and effects.  I did some diecutting using some of my Papertrey Ink dies too. 

I inked edges of all with distress ink to add dimension and a bit of 'grunge'!
(There is a bit of machine stitching on this one too.... )

On to Layout # 2......
"My Brilliant Shining Light"

For this Page .......
I spritzed the background with Shimmerz Paint to create some splatters and add some colour.

I cut strips of Core'dinations Cardstock, inked them with white ink and then stitched them all down with the sewing machine.

I ran some pieces through the Big Shot and then embossed them with an embossing Folder or two!
I inked with white and with Black ink  to enhance the embossing.

I stamped some Polka Dots with My Polka Dots Basics set from Papertrey Ink, and inked some more.

In a word.......FUN.

Project #3
"Home Truths" Album

I cut all the Core'dinations cardstock into premeasured pieces and folded the pieces I needed to.
Each sheet was folded in half to create the signatures.  I stitched each signature with the sewing machine.
Once all the signatures were completed, I lined them all up perfectly and clamped them tight and layered glue and a fabric strip down the spine.  I left this to dry.  Then I layed pieces of string side by side to create the 'Sting Finish' to the spine.  The first and last pages were glued to precut pieces of chipboard, creating the covers.

To create the cover I tore up small pieces of core'dinations cardstock, making sure I got plenty of the core colour showing in the tearing, then each piece was collaged onto the chipboard covers, front and back with Helmar Antique Sealer, leaving a high gloss finish.

The folded pages will hold precut tags made from the offcuts of the Core'dinations cardstock pages.

This little book will hold all my handwritten calligraphy and drawn and doodled pictures.

This brings me to the end of my couple of days of Play using mostly core'dinations Cardstock!

Thanks for stopping by to visit.


  1. Hi ..thanks for popping by my blog..these are amazing projects and you are is not just cardstock it is amazing stuff. Try to get your hands on a piece of the embossed cardstock from them and start to sand it..its awesome!!!

  2. Gorgeous projects Lydell. I especially love that one of Denver! All the techniques are just so cool.